Tuesday, February 24, 2015
How to Be the Best Intern
It's very difficult to find a job even after you are done interning at place for three months. I know that chances of me getting employed at Wired and XTU are not that high, but I also now that it may open other opportunities for me. Looking at the reading, I am never afraid to ask questions at my internship, as if I have a problem with something I will bring it up to my bosses attention. My bosses are just a little bit older than I am, and sometimes I even talk to them like they are my friends. I am very lucky to be interning at XTU and Wired because the people that work there have amazing personalities and they know what it's like to be in your shoes. Other interns at other places don't get so lucky, so I am counting my blessings. From day one, where I walked up the office, I have always had the right attitude and mindset. I go in do my job, get whatever they need me to get done, and then I go home. I repeat that process week after week, and so far it has done me very well. I maintain an excellent relationship with my bosses and so far I have not had any major problems with anybody. Now am I sometimes nervous? Of course, as I am sure anyone else is, but I always have right attitude in getting the job done.
Targeting my effort is a bit difficult because I am there with 13 other interns. On Monday's I do my promo hours with my fellow interns Chazz and Amanda. They are wonderful people to intern with, and they are both very smart. I do the best that I can in terms of networking because I know that everybody that is there is going to want to look for a job just like I am. So in a way while we are working together as a family, we are also competing against each other. Kind of crazy when you actually think about, and I did not realize that until I read this article. Now It's not like I know everyone there personally, other than Chazz and Amanda whom I see every Monday. I am cool with everyone there, and I would like to maintain it that way because it goes back too, the more people you know, the better off you will be. Now obviously, the bosses is whom I really plan on hitting a home run with because I know without their help, my chances of getting a job will be zero to none. The way I see it is, we are all one big family that is competing with one another.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment