Tuesday, February 24, 2015
Succeeding In your Internship
Succeeding in your internship was an interesting read, as it talks about the ways that you can be successful in your internship, as well as networking with other people. So far, my internship is going well, as I have not had any problems with my bosses nor my fellow interns. I had done all of the work that I am required to do so far. That is doing my promo hours every Monday from 10-3, and showing up for my events, In the reading it says, "small tasks equal big rewards", and I am hoping that the small tasks that I am doing now can equal in big rewards later when I graduate. I always get the job done, and go above and beyond to meet my goals. The only issue I have had so far is balancing a schedule in which I can work with, as that is something that i really need to work on. After graduation, there are no second chances, and you have to take advantage of every single opportunity that you get. So far my attitude at my internship has been positive. Every time I go in there, I try to keep a smiling face, and do whatever my bosses ask me too. I am very passionate about the broadcasting and radio industry, which is why I choose to do this internship because I feel that it may open future doors for me. So far I have been very trustworthy with the people that I work with. I am honest about everything because I always want to leave a good lasting impression. No one likes to work with people who are not honest because then you don't know if you can trust them or not.
I am aware of the corporate culture that surrounds most business today, but WXTU and Wired are much different. The work atmosphere is very good, and so far they have been very lenient on most things. It's a very chill, cool working environment to be in, and I am enjoying every second of it. Yes, I do receive orders on what to do, but it's nothing that i can't handle. I treat everyone there with dignity and respect. I am very careful about not burning my bridges with the people that I work with. So far I have not gotten into any major argument with anyone there, and I try to keep a cool relationship with everybody. These are people that I will depend on in case if something happens, and I want there to be good communication throughout. I know that there is going to come a time where I may ask for a favor, and I want to make sure that the person that I am asking is cool with me, with no issues whatsoever. You can't go into a working environment with a bad attitude, as it's just not going to fly. You are not going to be very successful either with a bad attitude.
So far I have not had any mentors as of yet, but I do have a couple of people in mind. I am relatively new at my internship, so I am still in the process of getting to know everybody, and what they are like. I know that having a mentor is extremely important because they can help guide you when you are making difficult life choices. Mentor's can help guide you because most likely they have gone what you are going through, and that can be a big advantage to have over somebody that does not have mentor. Of course, Networking is probably the most important thing you will doing at your internship. It's so important to develop good relationships with people because you can keep them as a reference later on. I am trying to network with as many people as possible. I have gotten to know most of my street team in which I go to events, and they tell me how they got a job in radio, and what they had to overcome to get there. I am also networking with my bosses to see if there is any potential opportunity for employment after my tenure is over. Even if not, maybe they know some other place that hires, and they can put a good word for me. It's very important to network with people because that is how you succeed in life. The more people you know, the more opportunities you are going to get. That is the way that I see it right now, and I am doing my best to network with as many people as I can. I always help whenever I can because helping people is the best thing you can do in life. It makes you a better person, and it opens opportunities for you down the road.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment